Puffin Fatbike is launching – with your help!
I have been thinking about fat tyres for a while, finally getting prototypes for the Puffins a couple of months ago. Now that they’ve been ridden, tested and drawings revised we have a fatbike which is ready to fly. Ready that is, except for the fact that due to having stock of the new and revised Swifts and Gryphons on the way I don’t have enough cash to order them right away. This is where you can help. I have launched a Kickstarter crowd-funding campaign to get these fat birds off the ground – and to give you a good deal on this unique bike as well. There is a whole lot more detail on the Kickstarter page but the key points are;
- Frame constructed from double butted 4130 cro-moly steel available in 3 sizes
- Frame weight expected approximately 2.7kg in M size
- Fork with tapered steerer and Reynolds blades
- Tapered external cup head tube (SHIS EC 28.6/34 I EC 40/44)
- 170mm rear and 135mm front symmetric spacing
- World’s first 100mm eccentric bottom bracket shell
- Modular bolt on cable guides for clean geared or singlespeed use.
- Direct mount front derailleur adadpter
- Replaceable rear derailleur hanger
- 27.2mm seat post diameter
- Frame clearance for 26×4.7″ tyres (Surly Big Fat Larry on 80mm rim)
- Fork clearance for 26×4.8″ tyre (Surly Lou on 100mm rim)
- Compatible with all 100mm bb shell fatbike cranksets.
Production frame and fork sets will retail at £595 GBP – if you back this project in an amount of £400 GBP you will receive a Singular Puffin frameset (frame and fork) in the size of your choice. Additional shipping costs will apply for backers outside the United Kingdom.
This entry was posted on Saturday, September 21st, 2013 at 7:33 am and is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.