Swifts and Gryphons get a re-vamp!
Sadly two of my most popular models are currently out of stock. The process of re-stocking has been a little slower than I might have liked as both the Swift and Gryphon are undergoing their first significant makeover. Now before you get too nervous, the tubing, geometry and general ride and intent will stay the same! The changes are;
- Modular bolt on cable guides to run singlespeed or geared with no extraneous braze-ons.
- Direct mount front derailleur adapter
- Replaceable derailleur hanger
- 73mm wide eccentric bottom bracket
- Clearance for 2.4″ tyres on 35mm rims at rear
- Clearance for a 29×3.0″ (29+) tyre on 50mm rim in the fork
- New colours:
– Gryphon in British racing green with black panel and cream logo
– Swift in cream (as per old Gryphon) with Swift blue panel and red logo
Sadly as a result of these changes and also because the base price has not gone up in about 4 years, the price will be rising to £495 for a frameset (including UK VAT). However – as a special offer if you are so excited about these changes as to want to lay your money on the table right now you can get a (very nearly) 20% discount off that price and pay just £400 – you can do this on the respective Swift and Gryphon product pages. The new frames are currently expected to be on these shores in late October.
It’s not a Swift but it’s the same colour as the new ones will be
It’s not a Gryphon but it’s (nearly, they will be a little darker) the same colour as the new ones will be
This entry was posted on Monday, August 19th, 2013 at 6:36 pm and is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Responses are currently closed, but you can trackback from your own site.