I am delighted to reintroduce Singular Titanium frames – the first of those being the reincarnation of the fabled Pegasus. The winged horse was the titanium version of our very first frame – the Swift 29er mountain bike. The Italian made versions of these rode like a dream but I must confess did have some issues with reliability. Thankfully that is now solved and these frames are now made in the far east by a manufacturer with a very good reputation for both up front reliability and standing behind their work should something go wrong. The frames are also backed by a 10 year warranty.
These will be made to order in small batches. The current ordering window will be for the Pegasus 29er MTB and is open until Christmas (go on – treat yourself…) with delivery in March – hopefully pre-brexit! A £750 non-refundable deposit is required to secure your order, with the balance due prior to shipping.
Standard geometry – pretty much duplicating the last batch of Swifts – M, L & XL see below for full geometry details and some notes. If you are really desperate for a small or XXL mail me and I’m sure we can work it out.
Standard tubing – a size specific selection of 3Al/2.4V Titanium to give that fabled lively ride
Standard frame – £1550 (including UK VAT)
- 44mm ID head-tube to allow for use of a tapered fork steerer
- Single chainring
- 73mm BSA threaded bottom bracket shell
- 142×12 thru axle
- Internal dropper-post cable routing
- Bolt-on cable guides on underside of down tube
- Three bottle cage mounts – seat tube, down tube, underside of down tube
- Post mount rear brake on the chainstay
- Clearance for 29×2.4″ or 27.5×3.0″ tyres
- Eccentric bottom bracket shell and insert – genuine Bushnell lightweight (+£150)
- T47 bottom bracket shell (+£50)
- Rear rack-mounts (+£50)
- 135mm QR dropout spacing (+50)
- 1 1/8″ external cup (34mm ID) head tube (+£50)
- No gear cable routing – singlespeed specific (no charge)
- Spare rear derailleur hanger (£25)
- Omit any of the standard options – bottle cages, dropper post routing etc. (no charge)
Any other ideas not listed here just let me know. The basic geometry and tubing can’t change, most other things should be do-able.
With the exception of…
- Sliding dropouts
- Press-fit BB shell
Sorry, not going to get into any of those things.
To pay your deposit just click the below button and make the payment. Email me to confirm the details of your final specification and I will send you an invoice confirming the full spec and final price including shipping, applicable taxes (or not), and any selected extras.
Compared to the most recent batch of Swifts these are a little longer in reach for the same ETT due to the kinked seat tube. This is meant to be run with a little shorter (approx 20mm) stem for a similar fit. Equally, the STA is a nominal 72deg, but that is the angle of the upper portion of the seat tube, if we look at from centre of BB to centre of top of seat post it is more like 73deg. Stack is also a little higher as it is built around a longer fork.
More pics coming soon!