After multiple delays to the new re-designed Swifts we finally have a confirmed shipping date! The main stock is expected in the UK by the end of February.
The core of the Singular range – a 29” wheeled steel mountain bike frameset for the discerning enthusiast. The Swift takes after its namesake, one of the quickest around it darts and dives like no other, but it’s comfy and stable enough to be a joy to ride all day. In nature swifts do it all ‘on the wing’, eat, sleep, even re-produce – you won’t want to get off your Swift either, except perhaps for the last of these…
The tech page will tell you more about the thought process behind all the angles, tube length and type, and about the theory behind 29" wheels - but that all fades into insignificance as soon as you actually ride one. The first Singular model is still the kind of bike we generally like to ride the most. It’s an absolutely no-compromise 29” wheeled mountain bike with an attention to geometry that makes for a fantastic handling bike, whether rigid or suspended. The Swift is designed for use with either the supplied rigid fork or a 100mm travel suspension fork designed for use with 29” wheels.
The Swift is undergoing a revision for the next batch which will be available from late October. The ride and intent will remain the same, but a few features to improve practicality and ride!
Aside from these changes other key features are as below.
- Custom drawn double butted 4130 steel frameset
- Reynolds bladed steel fork
- Clearance for up to 55mm wide tyres
- Disc brake only
- EBB and gear cable guides for derailleurs, internally geared hub, or singlespeed
- 135mm rear spacing
- 2.3kg frame weight in medium size, 1.1kg fork with uncut steerer
- 1 1/8" threadless fork steerer
- 27.2mm seat post, 30.0mm clamp
- Direct mount front derailleur (adapter supplied)