A tourer? Commuter? Monster ‘cross? Dress it up whichever way you like, the Peregrine is our most flexible frameset, with a classic lugged construction. The Peregrine harks back to some of the classic all-rounder bikes of old. Sturdy enough to hit the dirt, nimble enough for some singletrack, stable enough for touring – the Peregrine will do what you want to do, take you where you want to go.
There’s enough clearance for 2.0” wide 29” tyres for true off-roading, or a nice fat 700x37 (even with mudguards) for touring, around town, or a bit of rough-stuffing. Full braze-ons for racks and mudguards mean you’re set for some long touring as well. The frame is designed to give you sharp yet predictable handling. Long stays and a low bottom bracket mean stability even with a load. However we don’t believe ‘stable’ needs to mean it handles like a cumbersome old truck. Unloaded, you can still rip along your local trails or even enter a local ‘cross race or two should the mood take you. A Peregrine will do basically anything you ask of it.
Designed for drops - the Peregrine is intended to be set up with drop bars, whether these are regular road drops, flared drops for off road use, or an ultra shallow drop moustache type bar is your call depending on preference and likely use. That's not to say they can't be used with a flat bar, which can make for a nice 'classic mtb' setup as seen in the gallery.
- Custom drawn double butted 4130 steel frameset
- Lugged steel fork with clearance for up to 50mm tyres
- Disc brake only
- EBB and gear cable guides for derailleurs, internally geared hub, or singlespeed
- Dedicated disc brake compatible rack and mudguard mounts
- 135mm rear spacing to accomodate mountain spaced hubs
- 2.3kg frame weight in medium size, 1kg fork with uncut steerer
- 1 1/8" threadless fork steerer
- 27.2mm seat post
- 28.6mm bottom pull front derailleur