Gravel, cross, all-road….. They are all just bikes designed to cover rough surfaces quickly. We hearken back to the days of folks taking their touring bikes across all terrains with the Rough Stuff Fellowship. Or even earlier when racers would ride to an event with a saddlebag on, find a barn or hedge to sleep in – race their hearts out, then ride home again.
Versatility is a virtue. In this age of increasing specialisation it’s easy to get sucked into the trap of thinking you need a cross bike, a winter bike, a touring bike, a gravel bike etc etc. The Kite can be all those things. Dress it up any way you please – Plush 45mm tyres and ‘guards for winter roads, 28s for some summer speed, ‘cross tyres and hit a race or two, it can even take some 650x52mm knobbies for some singletrack action or add some bags for a bikepacking epic. In whatever configuration the ride is sublime.
We make every titanium Kite to order. Geometry is standard, as is the carefully selected size-specific blend of 3Al 2.5V titanium tubing. You get a choice of fitments to best suit your intended use – whether they be rack mounts, mudguards, or a particular preference of axle or head tube type.
Orders are taken in a monthly cycle at month end. Payment of a deposit gets you in that month’s run and delivery is typically 8-10 weeks hence.
The base frame price is £1850, with a matching Toray T800 full carbon fork a further £300. Some optional extras carry an additional cost, which will be agreed prior to an order being taken.
Standard frame – £1850 (including UK VAT)
- 44mm ID head-tube to allow for use of a tapered or straight fork steerer
- Clearance for 700×45 or 650×52 tyres
- Double chainring 52-36 max
- 68mm BSA threaded bottom bracket shell
- 142×12 thru axle (axle supplied)
- Bolt-on cable guides on underside of down tube
- Three bottle cage mounts – seat tube, down tube, underside of down tube
- 27.2mm seat post (Seat tube clamp included)
- Flat mount rear brake on the chainstay
- Spare rear derailleur hanger supplied
- Eccentric bottom bracket shell and insert – genuine Bushnell lightweight (+£150)
- 42/52 (Italian standard) tapered internal head tube
- T47 or PF30 bottom bracket shell
- Rear rack-mounts
- Mudguard/Fender mounts
- 135mm QR dropout spacing
- Internal dropper post cable routing
- 1 1/8″ external cup (34mm ID) head tube
- No gear cable routing – singlespeed specific
Any other ideas not listed here just let me know. We can make tweaks to the basic geometry and tubing, most other things should be do-able.
With the exception of…
- Sliding dropouts
Email email@example.com for further details.